KS4 – GCSE – Introduction Computing/Computer Science (NCC-KS4-Comp1)
10/7/17 – 11/7/17
Course: Introduction to GCSE Computing.
Course Code: NCC-KS4-Comp1
Prerequisites: None. (Some exposure to programming principles preferred but not essential)
Duration: 2 days
The course will cover: (Ten topics in total)
Session Topic – (Total 10)
- Python programming: integers, string and expressions. Writing scripts; simple input and output.
- Python programming: conditional statement; Boolean expressions; dry running programs.
- Python programming: while loops. Program errors.
- Python programming: arrays, lists and for loops. Program testing.
- Python programming: functions and turtle graphics
- Python programming: file input and output
Basic computer science principles
- Operating systems
- Computer components and binary numbers.
- Networks: principle of communication and Internet components
- Logic circuits.